Dampness can be a problem and not just to a property but the items inside of it. If you think you have a damp problem that you need fixing get in touch with our team today on 01202 879139.
Causes of Damp
Dampness is caused by allowing liquids to stand, whether the cause is a leaky pipe, condensation or spillages.
Issues with Damp
Dampness in your property is a serious problem and should not be underestimated. Damp can lead to fungus growth which can cause general health problems if left too long or allowed to spread, as well as cause the discomposure of building materials which can cause structural damage to your property.
Damp in your property
There are some areas prone to the build-up of water ingress, so below we have listed symptoms you should check in case you have damp in your property:
- Missing damp proof course
- Faulty damp proof course
- The deterioration of mortar brickwork joints
- Overflow from cisterns or even water tanks
- Blacked air-bricks
- Broken and/or cracked pipes in water pipes or waste pipes
- Missing, displaced or loose tiles or slates
- Broken slates
- Blockage in gutters
- Defective surfacing to gutters and flat roofs
- Stone and concrete flooring
- Areas with wooden skirting or any wood with damaged membrane
- Places where there is already condensation build ups
- Plumbing around sinks, toilets etc.
- Close fitting linoleum vinyl and laminate flooring which is installed over unventilated or imperfectly ventilated wooden floors
How to treat damp
As obvious as it seems, to control dampness it’s best to let the area in question dry out fully and then protect the area to prevent future damp occurring. However, if you think you have a serious damp issue, get in touch with our experienced team today on 01202 879139. Our team will be able to access the situation and recommend the best course of action for your damp problem.